Monday, April 19, 2010

Syncing

Sigh.

If I weren't already an iPhone fan, I'd be swearing off iAnythings forever. It's been one hitch after another with the iPad.

I should have called Verizon and tackled the connection issue in case they know some trick for getting their router to work with the iPad when the iPad's being recalcitrant, but I didn't have the energy.

I'd uploaded a movie directly onto the iPad, but then it wasn't there (because, I guess, it was on iTunes -- I don't understand that). So synced that up today except that I got about 50 error messages during the process: "The iPad cannot be synced. An unknown error occured [13014]." I just hit the 'apply' button to sync it again. And again. And again. And again.

Honest to God, can't tell you how many times.

Finally, the movie was on the iPad. It's a ghost icon: no name, no image. But if you click the ghost icon on the iPad screen, the movie does start to play.

I've turned off the iPad. I think we need a break from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment